Changing To Disqus Comment System?



Hi lovely! Welcome back to my blog, or if you're new, welcome and thank you for stopping by! So today I was thinking about my blog's current commenting system, which is the default blogger comments. I love that it's easy for readers to comment and there's nothing you have to fill out, you just need a Google+ account, which most people have. However, I really love to reply to your comments and it's so unfortunate that you don't receive a notification letting you know that I've replied. Unless you check but sometimes it's hard to remember who's blog you commented on when, and other times you just forget. 

I've had a Disqus account for quite a while as many blogs I follow use this feature instead. In the beginning I wasn't a fan because I didn't like how it looked and it was very cluttered and complicated with signing in etc. After getting used to it I didn't mind using it to comment on other blogs. Even though I still don't really like how it looks, I absolutely love the fact that readers who comment know when you reply. 

I really like when bloggers acknowledge and reply to comments because their readers have taken some effort to write a nice comment on your content. (Talk about bad sentence structure there aha). 

Anyways, I just wanted to ask what do you guys prefer? Is it a hassle to sign up for Disqus or sign in or is it more hassle to check back? I really appreciate the small group of people who follow my blog and support me so I want to acknowledge you and reply to your comment in a way that's both convenient and lets you know! I mean you could always tick the 'notify me' option but then you get all the follow up comments on the post and that can be annoying. 

I did have a little scare while trying to transition from the default blogger comment system to Disqus today. Everything was going good until I realised that after importing the pre-existing comments they were not how they originally were (if that makes sense) and it didn't really install completely right. I reverted back to the default blogger system and then I thought I lost all my comments entirely! But it worked out in the end so now I'm right back to where I was before. I do wish there was a way you could be notified when I reply though! 

Let me know what system you would prefer or any other way that would be convenient for you!

Thank you so much for reading and also for all your lovely comments! I love reading them  and I really do appreciate them! Feel free to follow through Bloglovin and/or GFC.

Oh and also! I recently posted a new video on my YouTube channel, I'd love it if you had a look and if you liked and/or subscribed I'd be over the moon! My Hair Story Tag!

See you in my next post!

8 comments

  1. Hopefully you figure out what the best comment system for you is! :) I have the standard blogger one as it's less work for me, haha!

    But if someone enjoys your blog and wants to leave a comment they will find a way to do so no matter waht system you use :)


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica! Yes I was thinking that too :) I usually go back and check but sometimes I've forgotten that I left a comment or I just forgot to check back again. But yeah I definitely check back at most blogs I love! Thanks again! xx

      Delete
  2. I really lik your blog, dear! You've done a great job! And whatever you do with the comments, it's going to be fine :)

    Love, Ina - http://theradiantcherie.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ina! I'm so happy you like it, I spent a fair bit of time trying to get it just right, and I'm constantly working on it but I do like it myself! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, your blog is amazing! I love it! xx
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you ASAP.
    Have a great day!

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Disqus on my blog and it is nice to be able to read replies but it is very buggy! I have to go onto my Disqus and import my comments from blogger every day it seems because my blog has trouble syncing. It's weird and I don't know how to fix it.
    Kiersten @ Autumn Country Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh that seems like such a hassle! But at the same time it's the replying part that I really like! I've read that blogger no longer supports Disqus (not really sure how that works). Thank you for commenting! xx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog ♥ I love reading your comments and I like to reply to each and every one of them.

-Sophie ♥