My Eventful November || Graduating High School!


Hello lovely! It's been over a month since I last posted on my blog and I started to really miss it! I've had so many urges to sit down and write a good post but between everything going on I just couldn't get myself to write something I actually wanted to share. I have several drafts saved that are half done and I never got around to finishing them because I didn't actually like what I had written in the first place. 

So anyways, November for me this year has been incredibly eventful. Of course I've had my usual appointments, and I'm also towards the end of my trial and error medication, which unfortunately hasn't worked again (read my previous headache post to know more about this). Also during this time I was crammed with my final exams and assessments and sorting things out for formal. And now I have finally graduated high school! And yes I know this is only just the beginning, and I'm really excited about starting new things. Our formal was a blast, everyone looked gorgeous and it was definitely a great way to finish. 

I was going to upload the photos from the night but I didn't know if some people would rather if I didn't, so I'm just sharing a couple of my friends and I.




I won't go into all the details but I thought I would very quickly share with you how stressful getting the makeup sorted was. So originally I had booked my makeup with Benefit Cosmetics, I got there and everything was good to go. I already had my hair done so I didn't actually have all that much time to get to the pre formal. Anyways, the lady is all nice and while she does my makeup she tells me what she's doing and it sounds exactly like what I was wanting. She said she would show me at the end so that it took less time but I peaked in the reflection of my phone and that's when I freaked out. While she left quickly to grab whatever she went to get, I picked up the mirror and looked closer at the makeup and oh my god it was terrible. I knew right then that there was no way I was going to formal with that makeup but I didn't know what to do. I was sitting there really stressed as I was running out of time and knew I was going to remove it and do it myself. But I just couldn't get myself to say anything to her. A few minutes later I decided to just do it and let her know as nicely as I could that the makeup just wasn't what I was hoping for. She kept persisting that she could change the style but I knew it would look the same, as in the foundation looked like she had packed on that powdery looking cheese that comes in those Mac&Cheese things. I was as nice as I could be about it though and I felt so so bad. But after getting home and quickly doing my own makeup I went and got there nearly on time with a face that I didn't feel like crying in. So everything worked out in the end! Even though my makeup didn't last perfectly the whole night as that wasn't really the main thing for me. 

Okay, so I guess reading that back November doesn't sound all that eventful, but it definitely felt pretty hectic. Now I have the longest holiday ever so I'll be back to blogging! I've also got a new job over this Christmas break and it's great, I'm hoping I'll get to stay on after Christmas break is over. Please let me know in the comments what posts you would like to see, would you like more beauty related posts, hair, lifestyle, a day in the life type posts? I know I'll be doing some DIY posts soon as well!

Happy blogging! 

18 comments

  1. I love your blog. The pics are adorable. Come and visit my blog.

    Charming Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on graduating! What a fun and exciting time in your life.

    Sharni // www.agirlandgrey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharni! It's definitely exciting! xx

      Delete
  3. Congrats on graduating Sophie! Cherish this exciting time in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pilar! I'm absolutely over the moon about finishing high school, new chapters are coming! xx :)

      Delete
  4. That's such a shame about the makeup - I get the same feeling in the hairdressers but I am way too awkward to ever say anything about it! On the plus side, you look gorgeous! Congrats on graduating! :)

    www.becajade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beca! It was a bit of a shame but I'm glad I managed to say something, because that is not usually something I would do! xx

      Delete
  5. Congrats on graduation! The formal sounded fun :)

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! The formal was amazing :)

      Delete
  6. Wow sounds fun xx
    Isabelle
    http://isabelleelli.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on Graduation! ♡
    www.jacobblackwell.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog ♥ I love reading your comments and I like to reply to each and every one of them.

-Sophie ♥