NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette

Hello gorgeous! For a while now I've been using the NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette pretty much every time I wear makeup, and I love it! So today I thought it would be perfect to share why I like it, how I use it, and my favourite shades in the palette. 

I personally like a subtle contour and highlight so that my makeup is still on the natural side. If you prefer a stronger contour you can easily achieve this as the pigmentation in this palette is incredible. However, if you're like me and prefer a softer look just go in lightly. Because of the smooth and creamy formula it is super easy to blend out. You can purchase this from Priceline for $39.95. For me that's a bit pricey for a drugstore product so I would wait until Priceline has their 40% sale, but in saying that I would definitely repurchase this. 

The shades in this palette are all workable for my skin tone, though my favourite shades form the bottom row are Toffee (second from the left) and Hollow (first on the right). From the top row I definitely use Nectar (first on the right) the most, and sometimes I'll use Creme (the yellow shade, second from the right) under my eyes. 
  
I love to use this for both a soft everyday look as well as a slightly more intense evening look. I don't find the formula to be at all chalky or have any fall out. Packaging wise, I don't have anything terrible to say, nor do I have anything amazing to say. It's sturdy enough and I like that you can see the shades through the clear top. I also really like that on the back it shows you what the shades are called.
Overall, I am impressed with this palette and would recommend it to you guys. Not going to lie, it was a bit of a splurge for me as I'm on a typical uni student budget hahah. Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend!

I would also really like to know what commenting system you prefer. I've been tossing up between using Disqus and using the original blogger commenting system. I did sync up my comments to Disqus and I would love you to be able to get a notification to see my replies to your comments! Unfortunately the commenting system I'm using now doesn't allow that, which means that you won't see my replies unless you come back and check for it. My only issue with Disqus is that when I sync it up, any existing comments on my blog aren't in the right order (not the biggest issue) but any replies to comments end up looking like they're just comments on their own and not a reply. If you have any advice on how to fix that, if that would be annoying for you, or which commenting system you prefer to comment with and which one you use on your blog, I would really appreciate it!

Enjoy the rest of your week! xo

32 comments

  1. Great post! This sounds great because I like the natural look. xx

    https://harryssisters.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely a great palette, myself but better! xx

      Delete
  2. This look like such a great palette!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz! It really is a lovely palette xx

      Delete
  3. I have always wondered about this palette. I don't contour very often so I think it may be too much for me but perhaps after I get some practice in this would be a good item to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me until not so long ago, I started with a less expensive trio thing from Rimmel and it was very hard to muck up as the pigmentation wasn't as great. But while I was practicing (I still am) that was just fine for me. Now I really enjoy this one but I don't see myself splurging anymore! xx

      Delete
  4. The palette looks amazing!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to get this pallet for what feels like forever, but I just haven't been willing to splurge! It's great to see this good review tough, I'm definitely going to keep it in the back of my mind.

    Rebeccaetc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that! I still think it's pricey (for my budget) but I'm so glad I got it. There's another slightly smaller palette that I think might be nice and it's the Revlon Sculpt and Highlight with Chloe Morello, I haven't tried it but it looks awesome! Let me know if you end up getting the NYX one I'd love to know what you think! xx

      Delete
  6. I love NYX and this palette seems like a great investment! x Thanks for sharing

    Blog | Bits of Reg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! It's amazing for the makeup I like to wear xx

      Delete
  7. I have never invested in a good contour palette, so this looks like something I should check out. I would suggest Disqus; Disqus is great for more personal interactions with readers ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laila! This palette is perfect for me! Thank you for letting me know your preference with the commenting system, I much prefer Disqus for exactly that reason, but it makes all my previous comments completely out of order with replies showing up as their own comments :(

      Delete
  8. Your blog and photos are soso beautiful! You have definitely convinced me to want to try this haha, amazing review! For me, I prefer the original blogger comment system, just as it is easiest to use :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I'm glad you liked my review! And thank you for letting me know which commenting system you prefer!

      -Sophie xx

      Delete
  9. This palette is gorgeous! I feel like I really need to step up my contour game and this might be the palette to do the trick~ Girl, I hear you about being on a budget!
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading lovely! I never used to even think about contour or highlight but now that I've been trying it out more I actually really enjoy it! This palette is really nice (coming from a girl on a tight budget as you know!) xx

      Delete
  10. i have been looking at this palette every single time i saw a nyx counter and haven't picked it up but i want it so bad. it looks so perfect for all kinds of looks.
    ❤︎

    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me too! When I saw the sale I made sure to get it straight away. I've tried more intense looks and the pigmentation is there but I just felt more comfortable in a softer look xx

      Delete
  11. I can't believe I've never tried NYX palettes before! This one looks so gorgeous and so affordable! xx

    Francisca | www.franciscamay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Francisca! It was definitely a splurge for me but I'm yet to venture into the more pricey makeup! I do recommend this palette!

      Delete
  12. These shades are very pretty! I would love to wear it to work!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely! It's perfect for work too!

      Delete
  13. This sounds amazing! I love a good palette for anything :)

    xx Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. First off, thank you so much for the follow on bloglovin! It really means a lot. I've heard a LOT of people talking about how good this palette is, but just haven't gotten around to swatch it or trying it out. And TBH I think my Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer and my Cover FX highlight gives me enough cheek bones for now, haha! xx

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// Lifestyle & Beauty
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH and BTW I was the same way with the built in commenting system and Disqus, and I am so happy I switched over to disqus.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely no worries! You have such a nice blog and you deserve it! I love how the Physician's Formula products look I just haven't purchased any myself! But they definitely sound great!

      And thank you so much for letting me know your preference with commenting systems! xx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog ♥ I love reading your comments and I like to reply to each and every one of them.

-Sophie ♥