Neutrogena Hydro Boost Serum

Hello gorgeous! I was going through some of my skincare products when I realised this Neutrogena Hydro Boost Serum was empty. I remembered I had put it aside to remind myself to write a blog post about it. So today that is what I will be doing. I purchased this a while back and used it up pretty quickly.

This product claims that, "...the 'self hydrating system' addresses the root cause of inner dryness, so your skin can stay soft, supple and bouncy with a radiant healthy glow."

A few things drew me to try out this serum, first of all I really liked that it was oil free. I have combination skin so I have dry cheeks but my forehead and chin get oily throughout the day. The next thing is that I really enjoyed using the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel which I also wrote a post about. 

The formula is not thick or runny, but more of a thin gel consistency. It glides on so smoothly and sinks in fast. I was using this mostly in summer and it worked wonders during that time. However when the weather became colder my skin got drier, and this didn't work as much on my cheeks. I had to apply it more often on my cheeks but it wasn't too bad. I think the scent is subtle and pleasant.

One of the most essential things for me when trying new products is that they don't break me out. I personally have very acne prone skin and one wrong move means I either grow a new chin or a few mountains on my forehead. Fortunately for me, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Serum did not break me out!

Overall, I did like this serum and would repurchase it. Though before I do I will be trying out other similar products. You can purchase this from most places, Priceline sells it for $27.99 but of course I grabbed this on sale hahah. 

If you've tried this let me know how it worked for you in the comments! Also I'm always looking to improve my blog, if you like I would appreciate any feedback whether it's something I'm already doing or something I can improve on. Feel free to follow me on Twitter too as I love chatting with fellow bloggers and readers. 

16 comments

  1. Thank you very much! Interesting post! ))) But... It's seems to me that the product for people 25+...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Is it really? I did not know that but thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any kind of serum. This one seems like a great one. I have half dry skin so this would be amazing as it's in desperate need of hydration. xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't tried a serum before this either! It was very nice, though sometimes I did need a little extra. Thanks for reading lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a good serum, I'm the same as you in that I get break outs really easily and I'm always sceptical of serums. Glad this one was break out free!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting Sally! I'm glad I didn't break out from this so I can go back to it! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm always scared of new products making me break out as well, nice to know that this didn't do that to you!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is the one thing I think about the most before trying a new product! xx

      Delete
  5. This product looks good- I may give it a try! I've seen this product around and I thought about buying it so I'm glad I saw this review. Thanks!

    Imi xox

    http://imogennrose.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did quite enjoy using this serum, I do think I'll find a different one that may be better but if not I';; definitely be going back to this one! xx

      Delete
  6. I love to use serums in my skincare routine, I also layer them and they make such a difference in the texture of my skin! Love them! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting lovely! If you have any recommendations for serums I've love to to know! xx

      Delete
  7. Your skin sounds very similar to mine, I might have to try this out next time I'm serum shopping :)

    Rachel | Coffee & Avocados

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! If you do let me know how it works for you! xx

      Delete
  8. This sounds great, I am currently trying the Tata Harper serum but this sounds like a good one. I have acne prone skin too, thank you for sharing! Hope you have a great week x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin | Blog Sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting lovely! Ooh I'll definitely have to check out the Tata Harper serum, I'm looking for a new one to try. The Neutrogena serum didn't break me out and that's a major thing I look for in the products I use! xx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog ♥ I love reading your comments and I like to reply to all of them. Make sure to check back for my reply or tweet me @Sophie_Bella13

-Sophie ♥