Essence Sheer & Shine Lipsticks ♥


Hello lovely! Before I jump into the post I just want to say thank you to all of you who read my blog and leave nice comments. It really makes me happy when I know that people read my content and I love the small blogging community I'm beginning to know. Recently I have really got into using Twitter for my blog, as it is a great platform to connect with fellow bloggers and also to connect with you. I've found that for me personally when I follow bloggers I really love, I'll see them on my Twitter feed and am reminded to go check if they happened to reply to my comment. Because I'm currently using the blogspot commenting system you guys don't actually receive a notification when I reply. I love connecting with all of you through my blog mostly but Twitter gives you notifications!

Anyway, onto today's post! This was a post I'd actually been meaning to do a while back, and it is a post on the Essence Sheer & Shine Lipsticks. I purchased the shade All About Cupcake a couple of years ago and because I really liked that one I went ahead and purchased the shade I Feel Pretty later on. 



Packaging 
The packaging on these lipsticks isn't overly fancy, but is still sturdy enough. The lid clicks on and doesn't come off so I have no issues bringing these in my purse. I love that these have a sticker underneath with the name of the lipstick as it is easy to see. The lipstick itself is also branded with an e for Essence, which I think adds a nice little touch.

Formula
These lipsticks are smooth and glide on easily. Both have a shiny finish, though All About Cupcake is quite sheer with a hint of colour, and I Feel Pretty appears more opaque. All About Cupcake is a subtle 'my lips but better' shade that is very hard to mess up. It's a nice everyday lipstick that is also very moisturising. I Feel Pretty, like I mentioned before is more opaque. The shade is a lovely plum colour for days when I'm feeling a slightly darker lip. This one is also very moisturising. 


The wear time I get out of these depends. If I eat or drink they start to fade a bit, but if not it lasts a couple of hours. These are definitely not long wearing lipsticks but because they're so easy to apply I don't mind reapplying or just leaving it (they fade evenly). 

You can purchase these at Priceline for $4.10 and I think you can get these at Target as well. 


I'd love to know if you've tried any Essence lipsticks and how they worked for you! 

I also would love to get to know my readers and fellow bloggers better, so if you like leave a comment saying where you're from and a hobby you enjoy! 

Connect with me on Twitter ♥

20 comments

  1. Hi! I'm from the UK :) I've tried a few of the Essence products, namely their blushers. I really want to try their lip products too but they're often out of stock of the nicer shades at my local stand. I Feel Pretty seems like my kind of shade! xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never been to the UK but it's definitely on my list of places I want to visit. The Essence blushers are nice, I have two and I've reviewed one on my blog here.♡ I Feel Pretty lives up to it's name! xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen these lipsticks yet but I'll have to keep an eye out because I find I usually love Essence products!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Essence has some amazing products, these lipsticks are definitely one of them! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! Essence is actually one of my favorite brands. I've tried these lipsticks before and I totally agree with everything you said. I really like them as the quality is pretty good for the price and there is a lot of beautiful shades. xx

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Antonia! Yes the quality is great for the price. I agree there are so many shades! xo

      Delete
  4. These sound really great especially for the budget! Love the look of the lighter shade particularly.

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sally! All About Cupcake is my most worn lipstick (as you can see in the picture haha!) xx

      Delete
  5. Love the look of I Feel Pretty for spring! I actually really like the simple packaging! (I'm from Niagara Falls - the US side). :)

    She Likes to Shop

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Feel Pretty is perfect for spring! I'm not very seasonal but I do really enjoy wearing it on a winter's evening. Niagara Falls! Wow that's far away from here (the name just sounds so nice haha) xx

      Delete
  6. These sound lovely. I'm obsessed with Essence at the minute so can see myself trying these very soon! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordan! Essence is one of those brands that I originally thought was for kids, but it's actually great! xx

      Delete
  7. Hello from Manchester (UK) :D
    I've never come across this brand before! The colours you've chosen are lovely though = perfect for summer!

    Rachel | Coffee & Avocados

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manchester! I'm definitely wanting to visit the UK in the future. Essence is such an affordable brand with some great quality makeup. Thank you Rachel! x

      Delete
  8. oooh these look so nice! x

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. In love ♥️ I love your blog!!!
    N-a-tstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i got the I Feel Pretty last month and it is already one of my favourite essence lipsticks! i use it most of the time when i go out for dinner or in the late afternoon. it is such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful colour! Late afternoon is definitely perfect! x

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog ♥ I love reading your comments and I like to reply to all of them. Make sure to check back for my reply or tweet me @Sophie_Bella13

-Sophie ♥